What is Kubernetes ?
Kubernetes offers or in fact, it itself is a system that is used for running and coordinating applications across numerous machines. The system manages the lifecycle of containerised applications and services. For managing the lifecycle, it uses different methods that foster predictability, scalability, and high availability.
A Kubernetes user gets the freedom to decide as well as define how the applications should run and communicate. The user is also allowed to scale up/down the services, perform rolling updates, switch traffic between different application versions, and more. Kubernetes also offers different interfaces and platform primitives for defining/managing applications.
The key advantage of Kubernetes:
- Deploy your applications quickly and predictably
- Improves responsibility
- Continuously monitors and manages your containers
- Will scale your application to handle changes in load on the fly as required
- Better use of infrastructure resources
- By limiting the hardware usage to a needed resource solely that helps reduce infrastructure necessities by graciously scaling up and down your entire platform
- Coordinates what containers run wherever and once across your system
- How do all the various kinds of containers during a system ask every other?
- Easily coordinate deployments of your system
- Which containers need to be deployed
- Where ought to the containers be deployed
BENEFITS OF USING KUBERNETES
Now, this technology is actively used in almost all Google projects based on cloud computing. Noteworthy is that K8s covers all the aspects of the software deployment procedures – from server images to telemetry, security software and hardware. If you need to scale, you can increase the number of pods only for individual services, without affecting the entire infrastructure of the application.
To date, developers have a choice between three systems for deploying container clusters: Kubernetes, Mesosphere and Docker Swarm. Between themselves, they differ in the richness of the functional and the tasks they were designed to solve.
In particular, using Docker Swarm, several machines can be joined into a unified virtualised environment for launching containers. Mesosphere in its turn appeared before the concept of containers was formed completely. It is for this reason that this project is not so well adapted to working with them. As for Kubernetes, this solution allows not only to combine the computing power of several hosts but also to provide the load balancing, performance monitoring and container app updating However, all this is implemented using the rolling-update function, which allows updating pods without any downtime.
Thus, deploying Kubernetes is definitely worth it in cases when you need to:
- Provide the fastest possible and least costly horizontal scalability by distributing Docker containers over multiple hosts;
- Reduce the need for new hardware resources when scaling;
- Provide the comprehensive control and automation in the administration processes;
- Introduce algorithms for replication, scaling, self-recovery, and resumption of system operability;
- Provide increased fault tolerance and minimise downtime by launching containers on different machines.
Kubernetes Training Hyderabad : One of India’s fastest growing IT Hub Hyderabad has opened devopsschool for training in Devops tools one of which is Kubernetes. Here at Devopsschool we provide the certification for kubernetes training which is given by our expert trainers who focus on making the people expert and confident to become a go getter in the market.