What is Microservices?
In recent years one word Microservices is making buzz around the software development industry. Organizations and enterprises wants to adopt it in their work culture or environment which shows its importance. So let’s see what it is and how it’s beneficial?
Microservices is a way or process of software development in which an application can be broken or build into independent small services so that it can be deployed and can be managed solely at that level and doesn't depend on other services.
In simple words we can say each component of the application can be developed separately and at the end it’s like a sum of all constituent components.
Microservices can be easily understand if we compare it with Monolithic Design or Architecture.
In this method application built as a single unit, all modules tightly coupled inside a single executable which means any small change or update required building and deploying an entirely new application. We can easily understand it by this diagram.
Advantage of Microservices for each organization.
Microservices is adopted by various Internet giants like Netflix, eBay, Amazon, Twitter, PayPal, The Guardian and the list goes on and on, which shows that it’s really beneficial for large applications. So let’s see its advantages.
- Deployment Ease –Deployment is very convenient in Microservices, as it's built on multiple components which gives the advantage to deploy only the needed services, instead of the whole services. It simply means developers get free hands to develop and deploy services independently.
- Scalability –Independent scaling is one of the key benefit of Microservices. In this architectural design it’s possible to scale up or down individual services, compared to the entire application with monolith.
- Better fault isolation – In Microservices failure or issues of single module or functionality does not affect the other modules of the services.
- Easy to understand –Since Microservices architecture works on independent micro modules, it makes easy for new developers to understand and work on it.
- Can use different languages/technology –In Microservices each module is independent, therefore you can choose different languages and different technologies which is best suited for module and functionality.
- Easy to modify –It also allow to modify or enhance the individual services very easily. Dependency concerns, test or roll back is very much easier with this architecture method.
- Work with containers –In Microservices you can work very well with containers such as Docker which is consider as a revolutionary tool for the software industry. The Docker and similar tools provide ease of development which makes it possible to develop and test services rapidly.
- Continuous Delivery –Due to independent micro modules components it’s really easy to release more frequently which enables continuous delivery.
- Less production time –Microservices also enhances productivity, as ideas can be implemented and deployed without needs to coordinate or wait for approval of wider IT delivery function.
- Simplify security monitoring –In this method various parts of a project or applications are isolated which simplify the security monitoring. Security problem can occur in one part of the services and it cannot affect other parts of the project.
What we have for Microservices training?
You cannot rely just on technologies to support Microservices, you need to have the culture, know how, and forms in places for development sides, so that they can adopt this concept or method. Microservices is now becoming a part of DevOps culture, where Dev & Ops team works in collaboration throughout the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and provides continuous release cycle instead of traditional long cycle periods.
Keeping in mind the end goal to really run an application in view of Microservices, you should be capable to monitoring, managing, testing and scaling the distinctive constituent parts. There are various tools that enable you to fulfill this. For containers, open source tools like Kubernetes CorsOS, Docker Swarm or Apache ventures can be great solutions.
Not only the containers that is essential for Microservices, you also need “Infrastructure as code” which makes them so useful. It helps in managing of Microservices infrastructure.
How trained team can successfully implement Microservices?
Transitioning from monoliths to Microservices or adoption of Microservices is really a challenging task due to differences between work cultures, innovation, technical skills and concept understanding. Microservices architecture has set of rules, design patterns and core principles that is must if you want to successfully implement it and it can be only possible when you have the expertise skills for the same.
How Cotocus team can help in the Microservices training and transition?
Cotocus team can help you in your Microservices by providing you training, support and mentoring with following solutions.
- Microservices Fundamentals - what they are and when to use them
- Microservices and Containers Advance and Operations
- Microservices patterns
- The architecture of a Microservices
- Obtaining and Deploying the containers platform
- How to model Microservices
- Integrating multiple Microservices
- Testing Microservices
- Going live
- Maintaining healthy Microservices
- Microservices Security
- Scaling up your Microservices
Advantage of Cotocus over other corporate training provider?
- Industry Experts Faculties – Cotocus have a pool of experienced industry experts for all their services like training, consulting, mentoring and for outsourcing.
- Course curriculum – We have industry experts therefore we don’t need to provide someone else’s design courses. Our experienced faculties designed our courses with their expertize skills, which they gain from their work experiences with top organizations on various projects.
- Industry demands programs & courses – All our programs and courses are as per the industry demands which helps our clients and participants to stay ahead or competitive in the industry.
- Course customization – One size does not fit to all and we believe into this. However, we try our best to provide the courses that best for you or your organization but when you feel or wants to add your own inputs as per your organization needs, our experts will sit with you and design or customize the course by doing expert analysis as per your requirements.
- Life time access – Cotocus provide life-time free access to all learning sessions and materials which include videos, PPTs, project, assignments, quizzes etc.
- 24x7 support – We have a dedicated team of technical experts who provides 24x7 support after training.
- Mode & Venue – We provide Instructor led, live and interactive online training and on-premise or outside venue classroom training sessions.