What are Rich snippets?
Rich snippets are segments of code that indicate the search engines about the details and information a webpage contains. It is the featured text that appears at the top of the organic search results, in a box and sometimes with an image. The Rich Snippets are even more important than the rankings because they give your website to stand out in the organic search and greatly improve CTR ( click-through rate).
Benefits of Rich snippets
- Providing ‘quality’ results that could match the user’s intent more closely.
- You want to add reviews and ratings to your blog posts, products or services.
- Possibly increasing click-through rates and lowering the chance of the user ‘bouncing’.
- You write a lot of content so ideally, you want your picture to appear beside your content.
- You have a video blog and you want an image of your video displayed in search results.
- The very important thing, Drawing a search user’s attention from your competitors’ listings to your own result.
How does use to Rich snippets?
To Add a Local Business Rich Snippet:
First of all,
Go to the Optimize menu and select Create Rich Snippets.
Enter your business information in the text fields, and then click Generate Snippet Code.
Select the HTML code, and then copy it.
Paste the HTML code into your website where you want the address displayed.
Optional: To email, the rich snippet code to your webmaster, go to the Email code section, enter an Email Address and Message, and then click Send.
Note: After uploading your website, test the code you entered by clicking Google’s rich snippets testing tool on the Create Rich Snippets page.